The Work Packages in this section focus on the successful implementation of new VI intervention controls (EMESRT Levels 8–9). This requires the integration of all VI Control Levels for a ‘whole of system’ improvement.
From the summary of new Vehicle Interaction Control opportunities (WBS 5.1 Relevant Options), assess the cost and benefit of each option based on:
- The failure mode(s) being addressed
- Practicality and impact, has the approach been applied elsewhere?
- Time to effectively implement
- Ease of implementation e.g. workforce acceptance
- Impact on other MEI Controls
- Integration with Mine of the Future strategy
Review and update site user requirements for Vehicle Interaction Controls.
- Update and confirm site functional and performance requirements for new technology controls the update should reference the current Site Vehicle Interaction Control Framework.
- Confirm relevant company Vehicle Interaction requirements for new technology controls (EMESRT Level 8 and 9) based on operation type: e.g. underground coal mining, underground hard rock mining, open cut mining, refinery etc.
- Compare site and Company VI requirements, identify any difference e.g. additional site-specific requirements and/or restrictions e.g. requirement for machine swing interlocks and orebody precludes use of magnetic field PDS
- Prepare a site functional and performance specification and review it against technology performance summaries of preferred PDS suppliers
- Select the best fit from preferred PDS technology suppliers and request that they complete a summary of their product performance against site functional and performance requirements
- Ensure that they meet minimum set requirements based on ACARP PDS validation framework (draft ISO standard)
- Confirm site infrastructure requirements for each technology option
- Summarise capability, installation and maintenance costs, upgrade potential, data management and fit with future mine digitisation plans and other relevant information for each option
5.3 New VI Control Selection
Last Updated: 21/12/2020 02:48:00pm