This guide is based on processes and approaches that have been applied at EMESRT member company operations to systematically improve vehicle interaction controls. This includes the operational integration of new technology VI controls.
Expected users are site and divisional leaders with the business knowledge and experience to plan and deliver complex business improvement projects.
The overall objective of this guide is to provide consistent structured guidance for resource industry operating sites, so that they can deliver projects that improve Vehicle Interaction (VI) controls.
The guide has six further objectives (see Figure 1):
- Manage as a Project
- Phase 1 – Understand your vehicle interaction control baseline i.e. know where are you starting from
- Phase 2 – Identify and correct any gaps between the baseline design and current operations
- Phase 3 – Enhance existing approaches, by selecting and implementing design and technology innovations that iteratively improve operations (doing what we do now, but better)
- Phase 4 – Identify and implement step change design and technology innovations that improve operations (replace, or add to, what we do now)
- Phase 4+ – Fit your VI Control Improvement approach into the operating site and company digital strategy.
To assist users with project scoping, planning and delivery, this resource is organised around a hierarchical Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), with six objectives that are developed in the procedure below.
For each objective, the results required for success are listed. These are in turn linked to work packages that summarise the inputs necessary to deliver the results.
When combined, the results and work packages provide users with starting point information that can be adapted for site use.
Last Updated: 11/12/2020 07:39:06pm